Radical 4 (Harness | Open | Reversible)
LIGHT AND FLEXIBLE HARNESS FOR HIKE AND FLY
Light and compact, easy to install and use , listening to your movements to allow the pilot to play freely, to go faster, higher and further.
harness Pioneer of the walk and flight, the RADICAL, in its fourth generation, still loves the mountains and vertical slopes.
The RADICAL4 is an ultra-light harness string (920g in size M) designed for the flight mountain.
When used with its airbag option, it becomes a harness equipped with an airbag protection, a rescue pocket and a reversible bag. This option makes it a versatile harness for safety on demand... and simplicity at every step.
Its pure design expresses the spirit in which it was conceived: to keep only the essential to magnify the experience in flight. Its light weight does not take anything away from its comfort, thanks to its foamed back, nor from its efficiency in the turns: the support is precise, damped (the independent legstraps , stiffened with mylar, gums up the irregularities of the air mass) and balanced (its structure cleans up the parasite movements).
The RADICAL4 gives "a feeling of smooth control, of controlled glide", describes Yoann Chavanne, its designer. This soft precision in driving is explained by its capacity to deform itself to adapt to the pilot's body.
Well accessorized (pole holder, removable waist belt) the RADICAL4 reveals itself in its finishing details. You can touch it with your eyes: every useful detail, every worked finish, every material chosen for its nobility and durability. The structure of the Strap and the frame, the subcutaneous airbag repositioned in front of the harness and using a Rush designed with a resistant material, have been thought to improve safety. The backpack and the harness have been designed separately to push the technical and aesthetic solutions to their limits.
Freedom, lightness, simplicity, because when there is nothing left to remove, the important thing remains.
- Sitting position
- Mountain and progression flights
- Tandem pilot or passenger
- No seatplates, but legstraps to gain weight
- Opening of the harness by the carabiners hooks
- Auto stability legstraps
- Pre-equipment for parachute (shoulder rescue straps, riser sheath rescue parachute belly and subcutaneous position with airbag module)
- With the Airbag: Protection airbag type shock absorber, subcutaneous parachute pocket.
EQUIPMENT / COMFORT
- Speed bar pulleys
- Back with stiffening and comfort foam
- Semi-rigid ergonomic legstraps
- Plated back pocket (approx. 10 L)
- Hydration pipette passage at the top of the back pocket
- Vario microphone attachment on right shoulder
- Belly spread adjustment
- Backrest tilt adjustment
- Shoulder length adjustment
- Dyneema and polyester strap
- 210D Ripstop nylon and 70D Diamond ripstop nylon
- Skytex Nylon
This harness comes with the following accessories:
- Edelrid Pure Slider Carabiners + locking clip
- User's Manual
|Pilot height (cm)||160 - 175||170 - 185||180 - 205|
|Pilot weight (min - max) (kg)||50 - 70||65 - 90||70 - 120|
|Weight of the harness (as delivered) (g)||910||920||970|
|Weight of the harness (with Airbag module) (g)||2160||2190||2260|
|Maximum carrying volume(L)||62||62||67|
|Back height (cm)||62||65||70|
|Height of backrest tilt adjustment (cm)||30||33||36|
|Depth of Seat (cm)||42||42||44|
|Height of attachment points (cm)||45||45||47|
|Distance between attachment points (cm)||33 - 44||33 - 44||34-48|
|Permissible parachute volume (L)||from 2,9 to 4,75||from 2,9 to 4,75||from 2,9 to 4,75|