Flymaster GPS LS
NEW GPS LS
Flymaster has created the GPS LS to provide novice and experienced pilots a flight experience with a light and simple instrument, yet with lots of features.
It has almost everything that the most expensive instruments have, but for a much more affordable price. The main screen provides the pilots with a lot of information, including battery level, integrated analog and digital vario, GPS status, current glide-ratio, ground speed, distance to take-off, speed and wind direction, last thermal location and distance, course, two altimeters, clock and flight time.
Main Hardware Characteristics
|Display Type||Segmented LCD|
|Screen size (true viewing area)||53x75mm|
|Battery Capacity (Lithium-Ion)||1800mAh|
|Autonomy||Approx. 40 hours|
|GPS||72 channel GPS/Glonass|
|Native USB Connection||Allows Connection to the PC to download/upload flight data, firmware updates|
|Battery Charging||From any USB 5v wall adapter, USB car adapter or computer USB port|
|Firmware update by USB (upgrades are free)|
|Fixed Data Fields||
|User Configurable Data Field||
- Buzzer/near thermal sound.
- Ultra sensitive Variometer with 10 readings per second and 10 cm resolution.
- Configurable vario digital filter and integration values.
- Fully configurable Vario Sound (frequency, increments, frequency/vertical speed relation, ...).
- 4 Sound Levels (configurable by menu, or using a key).
- Automatic mute,keeps vario silent until takeoff
- Altitude adjustment using QNH
- Automatic altitude adjustment from GPS
- 2 independent altimeters
- 3D flight logger IGC format
- Storage for around 150000 trackpoints
Cross Country Features
- Exclusive Thermal Ball indicator
- Several specific data fields like Distance to take off,current glide ratio,current speed,etc
- Distance to last thermal indexed with altitude
- Wind speed and direction (GPS based calculation)
- Compatible with MacOS (10.13 and higher), Windows (7/8/10)